Friday, December 30, 2005

Out of my League at Best Buy

My wife and I have made several trips to Best Buy this month for Christmas shopping for the kids and then using some our Christmas gift money to buy a few things for us. We have decided that we have surpassed the age appropriateness for entering Best Buy due to the following:

1. To avoid a heart attack from the chest vibrations, Paul immediately must run to the back of the store to turn off the sub-wooferdoorefer thingy that some #$##%#@ teenager has turned on as loud as possible and then left.

2. It takes only 2 minutes to realize finding what you need in this arena will be impossible without seeking the aid of a ^&%^%$&^ teenager that seems to speak another language.

3. When you ask the &*^%%&*% teenager in the CD section for Hillary Duff's latest for your 11 year old daughter and with a completely straight face the &^%$$%^& teenager asks, "is this for you, sir?"

4. After composing yourself, you tell &%%$ teenager that "No, I am a few decades back in musical taste such as the Beatles and Rolling Stones....you know pot-smoking music" (I didn't inhale.....just kidding, I can honestly say I wouldn't know what to do with a joint if one was handed to me.....) and the kid asks, "who are they?"

5. As soon as we leave the store, Heidi immediately opens her purse to frantically find and take a prescription strength pain killer for migraines, and looks at me and asks if her eye is twitching.

We miss Fisher Price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home